dmesg help wanted

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 18:19:10 UTC 2013

Thanks for the reply.

I'm running--or attempting to--software speach in both cases.  I don't have a hardware synth.

It's been a while since I've been able to sit down with someone who can physically read the screen, but I remember there was definately an error message associated with loading alsa.  I was thinking dmesg would include the final system messages from boot: ("Loading crond .......... Done.  Loading alsa .......... fail ...").

Without any speach output--or ability to try brltty at the moment--I'm slowed in inspecting /etc on archlinux, but I'll give it my best.

I'll do some exploring under vinux to find the specifics on my soundcard then try and locate the same information on arch.

Thanks.