UbuntuGNOME - Ubuntu Wiki

Krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 10:32:45 UTC 2013

Hi Luke,
I have two questions.
Firstly what do you exactly mean by the older method of booting?
Do you mean that as soon as the dvd is put in the dvd rom, I need to
wait for 10 seconds and then press enter and f5 etc?
Secondly, I want to know how I can install Gnome 3.8 in the existing system.
Will it cause any package breakage or some thing?
Another doubt I had which is not related to the above problems is if I
can place shortcuts or any folders on the desktop in Gnome 3.6 or 8?
If yes how?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.