UNS: Re: vibe, a line-editor with vi-compatible keystrokes

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Aug 3 03:51:52 UTC 2013

I've never understood why anyone who relies on a screen reader would attempt to use terminal apps  with Orca and the Gnome Terminal.

I understand Windows users have no choice in their environment, or Mac
users either. But, on Linux a simple Ctrl-AltF[2-6] and you have a
superior enviornment for terminal apps with a screen reader native to
that environment.

Orca isn't going to catch up to Speakup anytime soon, if ever. Nor
should it try to. What's the point. Speakup can't do what Orca does
superbly well. So, why should anyone have a problem relying on Speakup
to do what it does superbly well?

I just don't get it. Never have.

Janina

--