Terminal Setting: vt100: Re: Serious question (fwd)

RiverWind riverwind at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 5 13:35:43 UTC 2013

I am needing to reset my terminal to vt100, and I have no
familiarity with something on this level of complexity. Also, I
would like to run a bash shell. All of this, of course, is on my
linux-box. A kind soul sent me some comprehensive instructions,
for a much adroit person, that I am unsure how to follow. I need
to find and then edit a certain file, my setup script for my
shell, but I don't know where it is. I am sure that I could use
pico to edit it when once I've found it. I just need some
detailed pointers so that I don't cause a disaster that I am ill-
equipped to fix.

Reading the forwarded message below will give you a better idea of what I
am getting at.

Thanks,
Riv
---