getting emacspeak to work with espeak on Fedora 18

Albert Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri Feb 1 16:53:22 UTC 2013

Tony, thanks for your suggestions.  So far, I've had no luck, but I'll keep
looking into it.  I just used a Sonar Project CD to see what an emacspeak
speech output choice menu would give me, and I didn't see anything that
looked lit it was for espeak.  (Unless I misread my choices, the default
seemed to be DECTalk hardware speech.)

I agree fully with your complaint about Fedora.  I'm using it now (1)
because I like yum a lot and (2) I hope it'll help me with skills more
employers can use.  Otherwise, I'd probably use Arch or maybe Debian testing
or sid, as both Arch and Debian have very good documentation.

Again, thanks!

Al