sound problem update

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:04:31 UTC 2013

Hello,
sorry for the long delay in getting back to the list.I'm still not getting any sound output when launching the talking-arch live CD.  I've tried using amixer to unmute the soundcard.  The archwiki gave the command as "amixer sset Master unmute" and "sset" seemed odd to me so when that failed to work, I hit the general internet and found "-set" and tried that as well with no success.I still need to get someone to read the final screen of output when I boot the CD so I can write it down and report back.The machine is an HP laptop running Windows-7 at the moment.  I did a little poking and found the sound services entry in the device manager (or whatever they call it).  I see bothAMD High Definition Audio Device
IDT High Definition Audio Codeclisted and the IDT appears to be the active entry.  Are there any known issues with IDT drivers not loading correctly in linux?thank you