Virtual box question

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Jan 18 22:40:22 UTC 2013

Tom Masterson  <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>I have three virtual machines that either need or have lost ssh access.
>They are all server setups so no desktop.  Is there a way for me to access
>them through the virtualbox gui or a console without sighted help?

If the disk image format is compatible with KVM, you could run them under Kvm
with the -display curses option, which will give you output to a terminal and
allow you to interact with the guest systems.

You might have to convert the image format to one that Qemu/KVM reads, such as
qcow2 or raw. You also need a CPU with virtualization support included.