Orca or EmacSpeak

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Jan 28 10:06:46 UTC 2013

emacspeak provides its own environment not a text console.  You can run a
text console from emacspeak when necessary and doing so puts all of the
power tools in your hands Linux has to offer so it's an advantage to learn
especially if you're going for a real Linux sysadmin job or doing any
other real Linux work since most of the young sighted competitors you have
will focus primarily on the graphical user interface.  This trend with the
younger Linux workers gets older managers frustrated when younger workers
either can't do something at all or take too long to do it because they're
using the mouse and the graphical user interface when some of the older
managers can do tasks with the text console and keyboard in half the time