Orca or EmacSpeak

Bryan Duarte bryan0731 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 04:41:28 UTC 2013

To be completely honest I am not familiar with voxen at this point I am just trying to get to know Linux however possible. Currently no I am not getting an Orca window when I ALT tab around. In fact nothing is coming up when I ALT tab around. I am unsure if my Desktop even has anything on it because nothing I do brings anything up. If I press alt F1 I get a list of things like Applications and settings but under universal access there is Orca with no settings for it. A while back I was able to open orca settings but I forgot how I did it. I did install Gnome from the terminal a while back and when I launch ubuntu I select gnome classic with no effects. Does this matter for what I am trying to do? I did read to switch to laptop view but I am still trying to find where to do this. I cannot find orca settings anywhere. I will tell you what. If you tell me how to download and install it I will use whatever screen readers you recommend. I am not attached to orca in fact at this point I hate it because I cannot use it at all. If there is a better one you know of please let me know. I just need to be able to write some code, use the terminal, and possibly file management. I appreciate your help.