Spam filter that works with fetchmail and mutt

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Thu Jul 11 11:19:55 UTC 2013

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com> writes:

> Is there a spam filter that works with fetchmail and mutt?

If you also use procmail, you can install spamassassin and call it from
your .procmailrc.  This works well for me, though my mail setup is
slightly different.  I control the mail server, and I read mail directly
with IMAP, without using fetchmail.  procmail calls spamassassin for me,
though.

Going by your message, it seems that you just want to blacklist certain
addresses.  If that's all you want, you don't need a full-blown spam
filter; you can accomplish this with procmail rules.

HTH,
-- Chris