Any Accurate O C R Programs in DOS I can run in Linux?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Jun 28 17:41:05 UTC 2013

OK, thanks All for your suggestions-and-analysis.  Some comments.  With
Openbook I was accustomed to putting scanned materials vertical, including
books, where both a left-and-right page would be scanned.
Next, after spending lots of time examining:
www.abbyy.com
I cannot find a download for any Linux product.  Sure I notice mentions of
these products, but no obvious place to grab a trial version or buy, in Lynx.
And Dallas, earlier this week I tried scanning some mail, quite a
disaster-and-I rotated, flipped over maybe 8times.
So John, you are quite correct, that going back to 1994 when I scanned my first
book, I never had trouble like this, orrienting.  I sure hope if I can ever try
Abbyy, it may be more intuative.  Supposedly Vivadata may have products for
Linux?
Certainly, yes, a completely Linux scanning solution would seem to be better.
And Dalls, sure Tesseract did well on those images, whether they were 1962
Gardian stories or for RapidShare, as they were from files-and-no my `blindly
holding an item on a glass.
And lastly, an unrelated question for Willum, anything new with your DAE
project?
Thanks in advance
Hart