emacx as a browser?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jun 30 18:35:11 UTC 2013

Hi folks,
let me ask these two questions very very carefully.
The organization with whom I produce of my radio projects just got a
donated hosting package from dreamhost.
www.dreamhost.com
Actually the stuff it  includes is rather allot.
One element is a shell structure that uses the totally text based shell of
debian.
I mean totally c text based too.
my questions are two.
first,
one of the packages they say can be used as a text based browser is emacs.
My support person  says there are web modules that allow for this.  He is
getting educated vast as to access though, so I wanted to ask here if
anyone has used emacs for browsing?
The second question comes from them.
is there a command line set of keystrokes that will produce a list of all
the packages that may be available on their shell?
Yes it is going to be allot, but apparently there is no category listing.
Since they really have chosen only purely text based tools, they want me to
have that list.
for example links is there, but e-links is not.
Can someone give me a keystroke for them?
Thanks in advance,
Karen