just how much can you do with?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 20:13:54 UTC 2013

I totally agree that the rename manpage is very hard to understand,
especially for those coming from Dos. It first makes a very uninformed
assumption that the average end-user knows what a Perl regular
expression is, as well as mostly assuming that the average end-user
knows how to use Perl regular expressions. This is why I suggested
things like the Linux Documentation Project and LinuxQuestions, as well
as various distros' wikis and such. Also, since Karen stated that she
was willing to pay for specific individual help, I suggested that
although I can't be a human presence in the room, I can provide such
personalized individual support by phone, e-mail or other electronic
means, and can even attempt to translate specific manpages to something
much more like plain english. It would be a great thing, if it hasn't
already been done, to translate highly technical manpages to something
less technical and put them on some type of website, preferably
something that already exists. I don't mind helping with some of this,,
as it is definitely something that is needed.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"