just how much can you do with?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Mar 3 14:36:36 UTC 2013

Hi folks,
  I have a more detailed reply to one of Tim's but let me speak to
something here.
I use DOS by choice because it works for me, works for lots of others too
which is why it is still under development.
Still, I would indeed happily pay for in person Linux training.
I have zero interest in on  the phone training because for my combination
of needs, it will not  do the job.
One cannot train me via email either, one must be here noting what I am
doing what I desire to do and why.
It is like Lee said below. I sent two days with a professional learning
what I needed...in 1988.  I continue to successfully build on that in
person training.  I think I spent an additional  four hours when I changed
screen readers in the mid 90s  or so, but still the training in person
catered to my needs made the difference.
That cannot be matched over the phone, certainly not worth an investment
of financial resources for me at least.
My detailed explanation for Tim might make that more clear.
as one extra example.
One can, if desired pay apple $99 and for a year you can sit down as often
as you wish in person with  an apple staff member and get hands on
training with apple products.
That to me is a worthwhile investment in learning both the speech and the
operating system  from those who designed them both.
even Apple knows the difference.
More later,
Karen