just how much can you do with?

Doug Smith savant-technopath at cyber-wizard.com
Tue Mar 5 03:27:34 UTC 2013

Ok, it is possible that you ran into the problem I did.  On Debian Wheezy, many of the functions that work in later versions of gnome do not work.
For instance, you cannot bring up a terminal with control-alt-t and many others.

My alt-f1 key to bring up the applications menu works fine.  It may also be that I am working with the gnome classic setup.  I really hate GUI
interfaces, and for the times I have to --- absolutely must resort to that, I will take the simpler approach.

I have not tried gnome-shell, and I don't know how well it works.  Since I could get the classic or "fallback" setting on here, I went with it when I
set my account and my girlfriend's account up on here since this is what we were used to using.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: Special Agent
S.W.A.T  Spiritual Warfare and Advanced Technology