a more simple question?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 22:47:47 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 03:42 PM, Jason White wrote:
> Jude DaShiell  <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
> And it's best not to use word processors in a Linux environment. Instead, use
> a text editor of your choice and write your documents in a markup language
> such as LaTeX, Emacs org-mode, Docbook, etc. I prefer LaTeX. This has been
> discussed on the list before so I won't recapitulate the issues involved.

I missed this earlier discussion. IMHO, the tool you use depends on the
job. I use a text editor, LaTeX as well as Libre Office and Google Docs.
I'll use LaTeX if a PDF is acceptable, but if the person receiving the
document needs it in a word processor format then I'll use Libre Office.
I'm not going to force everyone else to use LaTeX or expect someone new
to Linux to leave graphical word processors behind when Libre Office is
available.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail