some bees nest stirring, was just how much can you do with?

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 15:47:21 UTC 2013

RHEL is intended for servers and not desktop systems. Most servers are
accessed over the web, and installed over the network. For a different
server OS, on a recent project we didn't even create anything but
network install images. I'm not sure if this justifies Red Hat's
position, but I can see where desktop access to a server OS wouldn't be
a priority.

Also, the NFB does not like to sue people. It much prefers to settle
things outside of court, and resorts to law suits as a last resort.

On 03/07/2013 09:02 AM, Sam Hartman wrote:

>      Tony> Actually, Red Hat and Fedora are two different things.  RHEL
>      Tony> is Red Hat Enterprise Linux and is the commercial version.
>      Tony> Fedora is the community version with six month release cycles.
>      Tony> Red Hat has made it very clear that they have no plans to
>      Tony> provide any kind of accessibility.  Since the NFB likes to sue
>      Tony> companies (yes, I was formerly part of them and I know what
>      Tony> I'm talking about) they should sue Red Hat due to their
>      Tony> complete lack of willingness to even include Speakup in the
>
> I was kind of frustrated by your message because  I thought it
> incredibly unfair.
> So, I started digging and found
> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/3/html/Installation_Guide_s390/s1-intro-access.html
>
> Unfortunately, that site is so out of date that it kind of makes your
> point for you.
>
> Technically I'm not convinced speakup is the Linux accessibility
> solution I'd advocate for, but that site at least (particularly
> containing pointers to documents last updated in 2002) does demonstrate
> a lack of attention to accessibility.
>
> --Sam

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail