Installing Linux

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 12 19:50:01 UTC 2013

Well, since nobody else has taken a shot at these questions ...

What did you do to get speech working for the debian testing install?  I
just did a talking install with a debain testing CD on Monday of last
week. I couldn't remember exactly how to do it so I just kep pressing
the s key and then the enter key until I heard speech. I think it's
pretty solid. About the only thing I can think of is  that your sound
card isn't supported. Is it a brand new machine? I have some very new
machines here but they all came up talking when I pressed the s key
repeatedly like that.