Problems setting up Ubuntu 12.04

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Thu Mar 21 00:20:06 UTC 2013

My sighted computer tech made one of our machines dual-boot with Ubuntu
12.04 and Windows 7. She used the default installation for Ubuntu. It
boots up, brltty starts up and recognizes my Scientific American Pac
Mate Braille display. It shows messages. However the machine refuses
coth ssh and telnet connections.

What needs to be activated to enable ssh? Telnet would also be useful.

How do I set up Orca and get it to use my Braille display? I am deaf, so
I can't use speech during the setup.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.