Just an intro.

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 16:16:14 UTC 2013

My set up is a bit different. Currently I'm running Ubuntu on my desktop
system, and I bring Windows up in a virtual machine as necessary. I use
VMware Player since it's GUI is accessible with Orca. This way, I don't
have to reboot to switch between Windows and Linux. I run Linux as my
host OS since that's the OS I spend most of my time in. I used to do it
the other way, but once I got comfortable enough with Linux, I switched
them around. Note, that my desktop system is set up to dual boot between
Windows and Ubuntu, but I haven't booted it into Windows since that
first weekend I got it two years ago. I haven't found there's anything I
need to do in Windows I can't do in a virtual machine.

I also use VMware Player to run newer versions of Ubuntu in a virtual
machine as well. This gives me a chance to check things out before
installing them as my host OS.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail