Just an intro.

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 04:17:54 UTC 2013

You obviously have multiple options. As I said, I use VMware Player on
both Windows and Linux. I use it because it's accessible with Orca. It's
free from VMware. If you want to run Linux in a virtual machine under
Windows, all you need is VMware Player and an ISO to the distro of Linux
you want to run. You could also use Virtual Box or Virtual PC, but as I
said, I use VMware Player.

If you want to set up your system to dual boot, all you need is Linux on
a CD or USB stick. I'm used to Ubuntu, so all you need to do is boot
from a Vinux or Ubuntu CD, hit control+s if you're using Ubuntu after
you hear the drums and then walk through the set up. Ubuntu will
partition your hard drive and set up grub so you can boot in either
Windows or Ubuntu. I assume other distros will let you do the same.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail