Setting up Orca to use my Braille display on Ubuntu 12.04

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Sun Mar 24 18:22:09 UTC 2013

John,

As someone else said, you need to install brltty. I hooked up my braille
display and enabled braille in orca and was surprised it did not work.
But then I thought I'd make sure there wasn't something wrong with the
braille display so I installed brltty. Just like that, braille started
working in orca. I didn't even have to restart orca.,

I suspect the reason gnome.org is blocking your mail is that you can't
do a host lookup on mout.perfora.net. A huge percentage of mail servers
out there block mail from a machine that identifies itself by a name
that cannot be looked up with a DNS query. I don't know who is managing
your mail server but you really need to get that fixed or you are going
to have problems with a lot more than gnome.org.