Installing Linux

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Mon Mar 25 15:24:21 UTC 2013

On March 25, 2013, Kevin wrote:
> The errors apear on the screen during boot, and I am so new to
> linux I have not figured out how to review the error messages.

You should be able to use the "dmesg" command to return the (copious)
boot output.  If X starts automatically, you may also have some
messages dumped to /var/log/Xorg.0.log if your errors were related to
X.  If the error wasn't in there, then it was an application-level
error, and it would help to know which programs you have running at
startup then.

-tim