Speed test for internet.

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Mar 26 09:35:26 UTC 2013

I just use wget and download files as normal.  It always shows the download
speed after the file is downloaded.  Lynx and ncftp work just as well.
There are dedicated speed test sites, but most require Java and they aren't
"real-world" tests.  They are usually very fast, so you think you get better
speed than reality.  I would rather download a big file from a regular site
that I visit like archive.org and see what wget says.  You can also use
youtube-dl if there is a video on YouTube that you want.  Anything over 10
MB should be a good test.