Where do I fine readline and readline-dev [PS]

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Tue Nov 5 01:22:13 UTC 2013

Hi

Tim Chase wrote:
>   sudo apt-get install libreadline6{,-dev}

Yup. If you check out the doc URL:
  http://www.pjb.com.au/comp/lua/readline.html#download
it suggests:
  It depends on the readline library and its header-files;
  for example, on Debian you may also need:
    # aptitude install libreadline6 libreadline6-dev

but I don't know about Centos.  If you find the right Centos
command, let me know, I'll mention it in the doc ...

In general, aptitude lets you search, eg:
  aptitude search readline

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au      pj at pjb.com.au     (03) 6278 9410
"Follow the charge, not the particle."  --  Richard Feynman
 from The Theory of Positrons, Physical Review, 1949