irc question

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Nov 5 05:28:24 UTC 2013

Hi Al,

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 11:38:38 -0500
Al Sten-Clanton <albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I need an irc client recommendation.  (Yes, I'm way behind the times on
> this.) I know of pidgin and xchat.  Can anybody tell me which, if
> either, is easier to use with Speakup or Orca?  Is there something else
> that is better than either?  (This is for use in my internship, not that
> I finally decided to jump in.)

In addition to what people here wrote, I have another note: XChat is not
maintained anymore and there's now a more active fork called HexChat:
http://hexchat.github.io/ , so I would recommend using it over XChat. Note that
it broke some backward compatibility with the location of the configuration
files and other stuff like that. See the first question here:

http://hexchat.readthedocs.org/en/latest/faq.html

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish