Speech-enabled Debian install using win32 loader

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Oct 7 19:29:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

Apologies to anyone also on debian-accessibility, but I thought this worth
asking here also.

I've got a system that doesn't want to boot the CD.  I'm almost 100% sure that
the BIOS is set up correctly, as we've booted from CD in the past on this
system.  Anyway, for whatever reason, I can't boot the thing.

So I thought maybe I'd install it using the win32 launcher, but I want to be
sure to get speech during the install, and prefereably also get speakup
installed on the target system (though that's a bit less important as I can SSH
in when I'm done).

Is it possible to trigger the behaviour we get with "s" at the command prompt,
or is it possible to mimic this with kernel commandline parameters?

Thanks,
Geoff.