virtual machine

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Oct 14 08:33:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, coscell at mail.batol.net wrote:

> How we blind to play virtual machine on linux console?

At work we use Ganeti to manage virtual machines.  This works very nicely
from the command line, but is probably overkill if you're not running lots
of VMs.

I asked my work colleague the same question and he suggested using libvirt
and its accompanying binaries with the virtualisation engine of your
choice.

Note that for accessing the VM itself, you'll need to run a screen reader
inside the VM (unless I'm very much mistaken), or connect to it via SSH or
some other protocol.  It's also possible to get access via a serial
console or similar mechanism.

HTH,
Geoff.