how to access system settings using Orca

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 17:09:10 UTC 2013

There are several ways you could do this. Two of them are as follows:

First, bring up the Launcher with alt+f1. Now arrow down to System
Settings and press enter. Hit tab once and then arrow over to the Sound
icon. Press enter and look for the Output page and the Output volume slider.

Second, get into the indicators with the alt+f10 key. Hit the left arrow
a few times until you get to the sound indicator and hear something like
"volume 47%". Now you can down arrow until you hear "volume 47%" again
and using the left and right arrow keys will change the volume. You can
also down arrows to Sound Settings and press enter to get to the same
applet above and look for the Output page and the Output Volume slider.

On 09/15/2013 09:23 AM, Robert Arrabito wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie to Orca running under Vinux V. 4. I would like to know if
> there is a way to access the system settings, particularly the volume level
> of the sound card. Presently I rely on a sighted person to adjust the volume
> level using the mouse. Thanks for any help.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob Arrabito
> e-mail: rarrabito at rogers.com

Christopher (CJ)