Live CD silence, (was RE: new debian 7 install and speakup issues)

Albert Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Wed Apr 9 19:19:05 UTC 2014

Hi, Jude.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I'm sorry to say it didn't work.  Nothing I've
tried gets sound with the 64-bit live CD on that machine, even though a
sighted guy said last week that the volume was showing at full.  No sound of
Orca or Speakup, not testing for me.  (The sighted guy in question is even
something of a Linux geek, by the way.)

Again, thanks, though.

Al