Accessible Bootable Clonezilla?

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 01:15:54 UTC 2014

I know there have been problems reported with sound on VMWare, and the
issue doesn't appear to be limited to a single distro. As I don't have
VMWare Workstation, I'm not able to help with troubleshooting, although
I have read that there is something that can be done to make the sound
work correctly. I have personally tested TalkingArch isos on physical
hardware, as well as on qemu with kvm enabled and on VirtualBox. In all
cases it works, so I'm thinking that the VMWare problem is related to
the virtual sound card itself or how it communicates with the host sound
card rather than a problem with the Arch Linux driver. There is some
kind of setting needed on the virtual sound device as I recall.

One thing I found in a Google search mentions emulation of a
Soundblaster 16 compatible sound device, which is problematic on most
guest operating systems. As I recall, your virtual sound card should be
emulating an Ensonic Audio device, I believe it's es1370 or es1371. Be
sure that you have a setting like this, as it works quite well in most
virtualization software from my own experience, and guest OS's really
like it. Hope this helps.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--