Problems with Ubuntu 14.04

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Fri Aug 15 11:22:13 UTC 2014

I have been using Ubuntu 14.04 for some time, but it still seems to be
unstable. Once in a while the keyboard will become unresponsive. In the
most extreme case not even the power button will respond and I have to
pull the plug. The most annoying problem is that it is still using a
buggy version of brltty based on brltty 5.0. I have asked that it be
updated to 5.1 and filed a bug on Launchpad, but nothing has been done.

I've heard of 14.1, called "Trusty". Is this stable? Does it have a good
version of brltty?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.