v l c whatchamacallit

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Dec 10 16:08:49 UTC 2014

Hi Brian,

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 08:12:00 -0600
Brian Tew <montanalag at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey yall,
> I use rvlc, the command-line version.
> no g u i, no x windows.
> ubuntu 14.04.
>
> If I want to read the title while something is playing I type this: get_title
>
> I want to just type this:  gt
>
> In other words, I am extremely lazy.
> How can I do this?

Use the "alias" command:

[QUOTE]
> get_title
Atomic Kitten- The Tide is High-EPFk0X1p2fs.flv
> gt
Error in `gt' libvlc's "gt" is not a command
Unknown command `gt'. Type `help' for help.
> alias gt get_title
> gt
Atomic Kitten- The Tide is High-EPFk0X1p2fs.flv

[/QUOTE]

I don't see a way to make it permanent at startup except by using something
like:

(echo "alias gt get_title" ; cat) | rvlc …

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish