a very challenging question?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Dec 24 02:40:07 UTC 2014

Hi,
1. I love shellworld and cannot conceive of needing  to change to an
either or
circumstance.  both is the only thing I will consider, if I will consider
that at all given the Linux box issues.
having elinks working with java scripting in place alone is worth the price
I pay  for shellworld.
Even my personal site is hosted here, and the years of flexible tools to
hand is profoundly valuable professionally  to me, especially with no in
town support.
  2. the dos ssh telnet package is called
ssh2d386.
created by the university of Waterloo in Ontario it makes use of the
watpcp <spelling> library.  includes SFTP  as well.
I use it with my high speed provider, have for rather a few years now.
3.  the problem with the Linux box is that it is not configured for dsl at
all, no ip address or anything *that I can tell*  as It has no screen
reader that is usable, it
must be checked in person, by someone knowledgeable in debian.
Although I have  been on the debian discussion list for years, I have not
found anyone in Toronto with either the skill, or the ability to understand
the goal is just to correct this issue, not remove the command line
configuration in place.
Rumors of a local Linux users group are, as Mark twain would say, grossly
exaggerated.
The person who put debian squeeze on this computer's hard  drive mailing me
the drive did not include dsl configuring.  There is a dial up modem in the
machine, but again no speech I can use.
I had a p3 computer built to house the drive, and while debian did
recognize some of the hardware, I know too little and have too little in
person talent to  learn anything more.
In fact my Engineer friend and I may convert that box to my main dos one
leaving this older unit for whatever Linux effort I make.  The debian unit
has been
sitting here without a purpose for a long time, and I am working my main
computer very hard indeed.

  if the ssh dos package interest
you, I can send you a copy. Kare