Problem with mutt in Ubuntu 12

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Thu Jan 23 04:41:24 UTC 2014

I have just switched from CentOS to Ubuntu.

It seems that mutt is reading /etc/Muttrc after my own .muttrc instead
of before. This causes some of my settings to be overridden with
settings I don't want.
Worse,  mutt will not save read messages in the file indicated by the
mbox setting. It does save sent messages, however.

I guess there is nothing to be  done about the first problem, but there
should be some way  to get it to save read lmessages.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com