Are w3c Standards Only for windows Sites-and-users?

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Tue Jul 1 14:23:04 UTC 2014

On July  1, 2014, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Only if windows browsers and windows are the only software and
> operating systems permitted to connect to the internet.

As a web-developer for $DAY_JOB, I *KNOW* how hard it is to develop a
site accessible to browsers without JavaScript like Lynx.  It takes a
*lot* of extra effort and planning (even more effort if you don't
plan for it up front).  I always do that extra work, but I know many
simply don't make that investment because the site works in GUI
browsers with screen-readers.  And some are just slackers that don't
do *any* accessibility checks.

-tim