ftp protocol deficient

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Jul 1 14:26:11 UTC 2014

Actually none of the problems that I had have anything to do with my
command line client and were all either ftp or sftp or lftp connected.
The solution I found works though I later learned about putting macros
in my .netrc file to handle updates like this.  I will find out if those
macros work later today.
These macros will not be machine-specific since I have other things I do
with those machines as well.  If those machines were special-purpose
machines dedicated to file updates I'd need to write those macros in
another way.

I'm holding on to the scripts I wrote in case the .netrc solution proves
to be a failure too.