whole bunch of questions!

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 00:51:40 UTC 2014

It is true that with many open source projects, once the driving force
behind the project moves on, the project can fade away over time. I
would like to point out though that Vinux is still going strong even
though the original driving force behind Vinux has had to step away from
the Vinux project. Furthermore, one of the key developers on Vinux is
also one of the key accessibility developers for Ubuntu, so
accessibility improvements made in Vinux are taken forward and
considered by Ubuntu.

I've also been watching the Sonar project, and it has also attracted
developers to it in addition to the original developer who started up
the Sonar project. That project also works very closely with the Arch
developers, so again, accessibility improvements made in Sonar are also
being considered by the Arch community.

I agree with the opinion that these distributions do more good than
harm. I know several people who made the transition to Linux starting
with Vinux and who are now rolling their own accessible systems or have
jumped to mainstream distributions like Debian or Arch. With open source
and Linux, you have choice, which is what it's all about.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail