ABBYocr?

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Jul 17 05:26:52 UTC 2014

Hi,
Here are the links I have.
I will look for the email I got from them too.
My license is for 12000 pages per year.
<LI><a href="http://download.abbyy.com/content/default.aspx">    Download    abbyy</a>
<LI><a href="http://www.abbyy.com/sdk/?param=28804">ABBYY FineReader Engine 6.0 for LINUX</a>
<LI><a href="http://www.abbyy.com/sdk/?param=28834">Licensing finereader linux</a>
<LI><a href="http://groups.google.com/group/abbyy-ocr-for-linux/browse_thread/thread/996a73cf63e33243">non root users got : "Error: Error while loading ABBYY FineReader Engine" - ABBYY OCR for Linux | Google Groups</a>
<LI><a href="http://www.abbyy.com/ocr_sdk_linux/?FullSite=1">OCR SDK for Linux - ABBYY FineReader Engine 9.0 for Linux</a>

The actual command that is run for the OCR is
abbyyocr9

You need the engine which might be the sdk, I am not sure.
It does contain a command with a lot of options to do the OCR, but there
is no front-end.
Hope this helps.
Regards, Willem