youtube direct urls

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Jul 26 07:33:10 UTC 2014

I don't know specifically what you mean, but I would first try:

youtube-dl --update

Updates come out all the time and I don't even try to grab a video without
first updating it.  If you mean the direct download URL, I don't think it
works that way.  I think it randomly changes when you access the main video
page.  I think this because it always first downloads the
"youtube.com/watch?XXXXXXXX" page first before grabbing the actual video
content.