Are w3c Standards Only for windows Sites-and-users?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Jun 16 16:47:48 UTC 2014

On the contrary, at  least  if a site is claiming to meet w3c
guidelines
under wacg 2.0
guideline 4.1 specifically states that a site must support current user
agents  and ensure support for future ones, which includes screen
readers...and browsers.
Further, guideline 2.1 or so states that all functions must work from the
keyboard...which is part of the issue at the Safeway e-commerce site.
Some of the most amazing discussions take place on the w3c mailing list
about how needless a choice java scripting is in web design.  If a site, as
Safeway claims, represents itself as following these guidelines, they must
follow those guidelines.
I should add that given there are no two people with the same label who
manages  their disability experience the same, a site runs the risk of
major discrimination if they try to dictate the adaptive tools an
individual chooses.
  Just sharing,
Karen