ftp protocol deficient

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Wed Jun 18 19:00:22 UTC 2014

The script writers could really use a close command with maybe a -f and -p
option to fsync stuff to disk and preserve file attributes and
permissions.  All it would do would be to close an open connection but not
exit ftp.  That way one could open up another site and do some commands on
it before ending the script.  I found this out since I have a file I like
to keep backed up to two external locations and with a close command, I
could open up the second site and update that file on that second site
with one run of the script before quitting out of the script and returning
to the command prompt.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net>