A moment of gratitude

Albert Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri May 16 18:46:09 UTC 2014

As I begin the effort to install Arch Linux on my machine, using the CD for
blind folks, I take this moment to be grateful that I have so far been able
to use elinks to read what I've needed to on the Arch Linux Web site.  I've
also downloaded mplayer and Kyle's basic installation tutorial, which is my
starting point, but I'm doing enough different from the tutorial's example
to need the added information.  It feels almost as good to do this in these
graphical days as it does to gobble a Belgian chocolate cake or write a
practice program that works.  It seems worth saying here, especially given
the contrast of how I felt earlier this week, when I found that I'd somehow
turned my Fedora system to ashes.  (I was pretty sure I'd install Arch, but
not quite according to this--um--plan.)

Al