sourceforge.net downloads with wget

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Nov 23 17:29:59 UTC 2014

two invaluable options to use when doing sourceforge.net downloads are:
--max-redirect=1000 --trust-server-names
the two of them together eliminate two frustrations with sourceforge.net
downloads.
The first increases max-redirect from 20 for wge default up to 1000 which
actually gets you your download.
The second puts the files in files you expect downloaded rather than the
sourceforge.net mangling with all of those "?=&" characters in them.  I
couldn't get an iso to download so went man page trawling on wget and
found the first option today, the other I've known about for some time.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net> Twitter: @jdashiel