anyone here install slackware 14.1 yet?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Oct 24 13:46:30 UTC 2014

It's frustrating, only one other screen reader user tried it as a virtual
environment and couldn't get it talking that way either so far as I now
know.  I can't tell when slackware is ready at the boot: prompt and think
I've been missing that prompt all along.  There is no screen here either
unless I can get a windows laptop attached and slackware tries sending
output out the serial port by default, so sighted assistance is out of the
question until I get a monitor.

>From what I read for a litetalk on an x64 system in the slackware.howto
file:
hugesmp.s speakup.s speakup.synth=ltlk speakup.ser=1
should get things talking.  That speakup.ser=1 would actually point at
ttyS0 according to that howto file for a speakup device it's now using
windows style numbering for serial ports.

jude <jdashiel at shellworld.net> Twitter: @jdashiel