Hpodder-and-Torsox

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Oct 26 09:46:04 UTC 2014

OK Shlomi, your site is quite comprehensive, but `wow, what, nearly 200 links
before the subject you sent me there for.
Back from my early days on Netcom in 1995, I had a good friend who was writing
aliases-and-scripts, always in tcsh. Each time I would change shell accounts, I
took everything along. Since I am not a programmer-and-so-far cannot seem to
grasp the language, I am just a user-and-certainly the wonderful aspect of Linux
are votes we make all the time about software, editors, or even sound or
functionality of speech. I think I remember switching to "zsh" and Speakup acted
funny with it. Also, sometimes I switch to "yash" as tab-completion will cycle
through an item at a time.
1 more item I had forgotten to mention from when Tim-and-I were discussing
renaming tools, I was reminded last evening of another "mmv" package, but while
it may seem an easier road of what I am looking for, its still not as simple as
an "ren" command in DOS, but I will try-and-learn how to really run "mmv" Thanks
both of you for your input
Hart