msmtp on Debian

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Wed Apr 15 07:21:41 UTC 2015

I have just installed Debian, and I'm using msmtp as the outgoing email
client. When I send a message I get the error "TSL handshake failed.
Operation timed out." The copyright date on this version is 2014. I also
have a Vinux 4 installation that has an msmtp with a copyright date of
2011. This version works. Is there something that needs to be set in the
configuration file for the 2014 version?

Thanks,
John

John J. Boyer; President,
AbilitiesSoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Madison, Wisconsin USA
We develop software for people with disabilities which is abailable at
no cost.