vinux-4.0-desktop-i386.iso rsync command needed

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Mon Apr 20 13:14:18 UTC 2015

Hi Jude,

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 06:08:49 -0400 (EDT)
Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com> wrote:

> I downloaded that with wget and the md5sum test returned warning: 69
> listed files could not be read. Has anyone got an rsync command I can use
> to repair this iso?  Very probably too many redirects from sourceforge.net
> servers and the fact that wget really isn't capable of getting any clean
> downloads off the internet of this size any longer.  aria2c flaked out
> returning a download completed message within seconds of it starting.  If
> I can't rsync this I'll delete it and try rtorrent.

Try the following command:

rsync -a -v --progress --inplace \
rsync://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/v/vi/vinuxproject/V4.0/vinux-4.0-desktop-i386.iso
\ ./vinux-4.0-desktop-i386.iso

How I found it out:

1. I found http://sourceforge.net/p/forge/documentation/Mirrors/

2 . I downloaded the .iso and then guessed a suitable rsync:// mirror.

3. I used rsync --list-only.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish