vinux4 on sourceforge.net is corrupted

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Apr 24 16:11:08 UTC 2015

First, orca wouldn't even come up with control-alt-s on the hard drive.
So, on the archlinux disk I deleted the vinux-4.0-dvd-amd64.iso file.
Then I ran Download-Vinux.bash which had been modified to get that iso
file.
The rsync server downloaded what it had.
Next I ran md5sum --quiet --check vinux-4.0-dvd-amd64.iso and got a bunch
of missing files.
So I ran Download-Vinux.bash again and then repeated the md5sum command
again with no difference.
Final conclusion, sourceforge.net has a corrupted master and has
distributed that corruption to all of its mirrors some time ago.
Another complete waste of time and internet resources.

-- Twitter: JudeDaShiell