a few questions

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Aug 10 19:34:42 UTC 2015

Mate is a lighter weight desktop than gnome so it will run on hardware
with not all that much memory where gnome may not.
The litedm-greeter program in mate now has a serious bug in that it
accepts no keyboard input.  I found this out yesterday and had it
verified by the creator of sonar-mate.  That in time probably will be
fixed.
I'm offering you information not opinion since I don't know anything
about your hardware or use of it.  Hopefully you'll be able to put it to
some use.